Dr. Esther W. Karumi, recently attended a three day training-of-trainers’ workshop on Malaria case management.
The workshop was organized by the National Malaria Control Program, Ministry of Health was conducted at Lysak Haven Park Hotel, Machakos from 21st – 23rd May 2015.
The workshop was organised with the goal to train medical personnel on effective case management of malaria; who will then be involved in nationwide training of healthcare workers in various regions in the country on behalf of the Ministry of Health.
The workshop covered the following key areas:
- Malaria epidemiology in Kenya
- Diagnosis and treatment of uncomplicated and severe malaria
- Management of malaria in pregnancy
- Parasitological diagnosis of malaria
- Malaria commodity management
- Monitoring and evaluation
- Affordable medicines facility for malaria
- Principles of adult learning
|20150609 - Esther Karumi Malaria Case Management Training.pdf||12.01 KB|
|20150609 - Esther Karumi Malaria Case Management Training.doc||54.5 KB|